Experience has shown that as a doctor, after your first year as an assistant doctor, you have the opportunity to switch to private health insurance. Your Human Resources department may have already informed you that your income is above the annual threshold enabling you to receive private health insurance. For this we congratulate you, because:
The premium for private health insurance for assistant doctors in continued education is EUR 340 per month!
As a voluntary member of the statutory health insurance your contribution will be as high as EUR 928 per month starting from 2021. Switching to a private health insurance plan will allow you to take advantage of significant financial benefits.
What should I pay attention to when choosing a private health insurance plan?
The decision to choose a private health insurance plan should be considered for the long term. Consequently, both the tariff and the provider should be chosen wisely.
When choosing a private health insurance provider, consider companies that offer special rates for doctors and that show a stable number of members.
In principle, the following reimbursements should always be covered in any insurance plan:
- 100% Family Doctor or directly consulted Specialist
- 100% for Medication (including medication that does not require a prescription)
- 100% One- or Two-Bed Room in a hospital
- 100% free choice of doctor in the hospital (without GOÄ-Limitation)
- 100% for Dental Procedures, -Prophylaxis and Inlays
- 85% for dentures (incl. implants) and Orthodontics (usually limited in training tariffs)
Additionally, there are special, significant criterea, which should be considered!